Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Matt Brown

I re-discovered this artist when going through my backed-up features and his work is incredible. Matt Brown is an amazing digital artist that completely deserves your love and adoration. Check out his work and become a fan noooooow!

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The hardest thing for me is trying to find that voice or style or idea that's fresh and new.

I don't know whether or not I succeed, but it's where a lot of my effort goes in the first few stages of a piece. All artists are constantly being compared to each other, which puts pressure on you to keep coming up with something original.

There's nothing more deflating than thinking you might have something new and interesting to say, only to discover that another artist has already beaten you to it! It's like going to a party and finding you're wearing the exact same outfit as someone else.

The easiest thing is when you've finished your pre-lim work and move onto the final piece. By that point, the whole process really takes hold of your senses and everything feels great.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favourite piece is gerneally my most recent one. I guess that's because it's still new, and it reflects my most current ideas. But there's always things about each piece I'd like to improve upon, which means the further back I look in my portfolio, the more faults I see.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I like being inspired by art that's totally different than mine, and DA is perfect for that. Just floating around in the currents and happening upon hidden gems... It's wonderful.

It's also always nice to get a sense of which of your pieces are best received, and why.

What is the weirdest, strangest or funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Just today I had someone email me claiming that they were my long lost sister. Turns out they were a fan of my work and had heard about me giving art to my brothers and sisters as gifts. It was a crazy, but lovely way to make a compliment!







Please make sure to check out his deviantART page! And as always, please respect the art and the artist. Art Libs has gained permission from the artists to feature their work on our site. If you would like to use any of the art for ANY reason, you MUST obtain your own permission. Please do not steal or reproduce any art. Respect the art!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Another artist with a unique and beautiful style. Good work finding these artist, Cookie. ;)

    ReplyDelete