Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Like Cats

Tara Books week is almost over (oh no!), but do not fret! Today and tomorrow's features are on a couple of incredible and amazing books, not any more or less incredible than the previous book features, but pretty incredible nonetheless! There are a whole buttload of artists involved with today's book I Love Cats, which I absolutely adored, being a huge cat lover. This title is also a new release from the fabulous Tara Books, so be sure to check it out once you've read about how much I loved this book (plus the book comes with a silkscreen print!)

Just to cover the fabulous artists that are featured in this book, there is; Swarna Chitrakar, Bhajju Shyam, Durga Bai, Putli Ganju, Chelia Hamir, Balu Ladkya Domada, Radhashyam Raut, Mayank Shyam, Ramesh Hengadi, Man Singh Vyam, Kalaba Shyam, Eknath Gangavana, Anand Shyam, Moyna and Joydeb Chitrakar, Roshani Vyam, and Avinash Veeraraghavan. Also, a bunch of the artists are listed as unknown, so as much as I wish I could list everyone involved, some of the beautiful illustrations remain mystery artists. If you've been following this weeks features, you may recognize some of the artists names from a couple of the other books.

Anyways, this book is basically a collective of amazing cat art with words that could be associated with how the cats look in the images, which you can see in the sample pieces at the end of this review. The drawings vary from simple cats with teeny tiny intricate designs in them to thick lined abstract cats. Each artist brings their own interpretation of cats to the page... silly, serious, fierce, ferocious, fun, beautiful... all words that I could use to describe some of the cats found in this book. All of the cats are different too, not just your average housecat... there's all sorts of fierce wild puddytats drawn in this book too.

The art in this book has been put together so well and the book overall has been designed fantastically to bring you a great piece of art and literature. I know that this book has a special place in my heart already and I consider it one of the most amazing pieces of art that I own in my home. This book is a great addition to any collection, whether you want it for a kids book, a personal fun book, or a really nice coffee table book for people to look through when they visit.

Bravo to the brilliant artists in this book for making me smile with their beautifully drawn cats.




5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. This looks like a stunning book. I had not heard about this until now - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guy red it just yesterday http://kka-ching.blogspot.com/2011/06/animal-rights-activists-are-everywhere.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Volvo C70 Turbocharger

    This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. Its great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After 30 days of doing the Px90 Workout P90X extreme workout it��s time to write a review of P90X and the results I have achieved using this fitness system.

    I started the program on February 3rd and at that time my weight was 185 and my body fat percentage of 25 P90x Workout.7% Beats by Dre. About six weeks prior to starting P90X I had cleaned up my diet and made a consistent effort to eliminate refined sugars, high fat food, and other junk Beats by Dre Headphones. In addition to the diet, I was back on the fitness regime of my own design that helped me drop 20 pounds when I was first married Beats by Dre Earphones. It was resistance work one day, cardio the next with one day off Px90. In those six weeks, I dropped 10 pounds. The last couple of weeks before I switched to P90X, I would put the DVD��s in and watch them as I rode my stationary bike for an hour. I thought I was ready for P90X��boy was I wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Die Tränke gut verkaufen wow gold kaufen im Auktionshaus, müssen alle Klassen in das Spiel Tränke. Zum Beispiel, Buffs die einzigen Dinge, die helfen, Magier und Hexenmeister machen es durch hohe Bereichen, so durch den Verkauf von Heilung, Sie werden eine große Anzahl von wow gold auf diese Weise zu machen. Jeder World of Warcraft Spieler will zu Stufe nach oben schnellen, verdienen eine große Zahl von wow gold, und aktualisieren Sie ihre Waffe Fähigkeiten. wow schnell gold machen Sie müssen wollen einen höher bewerteten DPS Waffe durch einen Sprung von Ihrem Nahkampf-Klasse zu gewinnen. Als Ihr Alchemy Schwierigkeitsstufen, kann der Tränke und Gegenstände, die Sie für mehr wow gold verkauft werden.Dämonentötens und Wut helfen können Tank-Klassen blast durch Gebiete und Instanzen. Kräuterkunde ist einer der Berufe sammeln. Mit diesem Beruf kann man genug Kräuter für Ihre Alchemy bieten. Stack bis die Kräuter so hoch wie du kannst, und dann verkaufen wow gold kaufen mit paysafecard sie auf das Auktionshaus über das Wochenende.

    ReplyDelete