Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fingerprint

Today, as I mentioned yesterday, we continue our Tara Books themed week. The book I'm talking about today is Andrea Anastasio's Fingerprint. Basically, this book came into existence through the creators experience when visiting the United States and getting fingerprinted by airport immigration authorities.

The book is a small hardcover book completely made up of fingerprints. There are no words to accompany the visual story, but rather leaves it open to interpretation through the beautiful screen printed fingerprints on each page. The book starts with small increments of fingerprints and works its way up to numerous mushed together fingerprints. Some pages are neat and tidy, while other pages are chaotic and abstract, however, the whole time maintaining the fact that each little bit of paint on the page in unmistakably a fingerprint.

When I first saw this book, I didn't really know what to make of it, but what begins as at first glance, a seemingly childish project, becomes more complex and intricate the more you look at it and study it. I wish I had more to write about this book because it's a truly interesting and unique concept, but there's only so much that one can write about fingerprints. I do however, highly recommend you check it out for yourself.

Here are some images from the book itself:





1 comment:

  1. The first P90x Workout week I was in pain. Not the type of pain that would prevent me from working out the next day, it was more like a dull muscle ache Px90 Workout. I felt it was a good sign, my muscles were being challanged to grow and strengthen Beats by Dre Headphones. I didn��t have any trouble going to sleep the first week, as a matter of fact I went to bed an hour and a half earlier than I had the weeks before P90X Beats by Dre. One of the reasons I went to bed early was that the only time I had to workout without distractions or interruptions was at 5:30 in the morning Beats by Dre Earphones. In the past I had done my workouts at night, but I would often feel to tired to workout or make excuses to myself for not lifting weights that evening Px90. Those excuses over the years have really put on the pounds.

    ReplyDelete