Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Elina Kasesalu

Still trying to get back into the swing of things with posting pretty regularly. But we're on a roll this week! Today we have Elina Kasesalu's beautiful art on the site. Read what she has to say and check out some of her work!

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
As far as I´m working the way I like it´s quite easy. But when someone
else or even several people are between process, it can be very hard
for me. Because everyone has their own opinions and taste, so it´s
complicated to put all different advises into one piece. Also when I´m
working with some project too long, I can even start to hate it.
Freedom makes the artistic process easy. I like creativity of the
process - I never know how the result will look like.

Where and how do you find inspiration?
It can happen everywhere. Ideas don´t ask time or place - they come
when they want. Music or looking other artists work inspires me a lot.
Sometimes directional thinking helps me come up with ideas.

What do you feel is the significance of online communities, such as
deviantART, to aspiring artists?

To show you works worldwide. To be noticed. To get some feedback. To
get some inspiration from other artists. When I`m looking some great
masterpiece it makes me feel to try to do something same great.

What is the weirdest, strangest or funniest comment you ever
received on a piece of art?

Well, don´t remember :) Have to check deviantART for examples.
Now, when I am looking those comments, I find lots of them quite
funny, especially when I don´t see pictures beside them:
"Nice socks and nice feet", "Girl your mad", "Too cool for school!",
"Give me a clue. Where you playing an ABBA?" "Holy mother of god! what
the hell was that?. i love it!", "Very disturbing!"

What advice can you offer to other artists?
Try different things-styles to express yourself. I don´t know - is
sticking on one style good or bad feature? At least for me it doesn´t
suit.





Please make sure to check out her web site! And as always, please respect the art and the artist. Art Libs has gained permission from the artists to feature their work on our site. If you would like to use any of the art for ANY reason, you MUST obtain your own permission. Please do not steal or reproduce any art. Respect the art!

1 comment: