Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shane Hillman

Taaaa da! We have the lovely Shane Hillman on Art Libs today! He has some seriously brilliant work! Check it out!

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part of the creative process is inking for me. I really have no problem falling into the groove of inking (even if it cramps my hand to hell!). The hardest part would be getting a base composition and characters down. I usually do this with red/blue pencil, but it takes up the most of my energy and brain power.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
It's hard to choose favorites of my own work. I really try to make each piece I work on better than the last, so I really can't choose a favorite piece except the past one I have just worked on.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
deviantART is a really good open source for inspiration and creative ideas. I can't count how many pieces I have seen here that drive me to work harder and become better. It's a true mecca for some of the best artists nowadays. Although, there is some pretty bad stuff out there D:

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Hard to say, I think all the gracious comments I have received have been pretty uplifting and inspiring!





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page! And as always, please respect the art and the artist. Art Libs has gained permission from the artists to feature their work on our site. If you would like to use any of the art for ANY reason, you MUST obtain your own permission. Please do not steal or reproduce any art. Respect the art!

3 comments: