Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Eric Kulo

Again, we're back from mini-hiatus! If you missed yesterdays post, we've been putting up a new project called the Neverending Story Project! Today we have Eric Kulo's beautiful photography up for you to check out! Hope you love it!

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Art is struggle. Really. You always have to think so hard about yourself, about the piece you're working on and about how or if it will accepted by others. However, I do not tend to think too much about it as I believe that art should simply be an expression of your feelings. So if you're feeling that your art is more of an aggravating struggle than it should, then apply that feeling into it and you'll get something real, something true. What I usually struggle with is motivation to actually go out there and photograph, but once I'm out there photographing, inspiration usually comes to me.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
You know, I'm going to be boring. I don't have a favorite piece. It's just too hard to pick a favorite photo as I've put so much of myself most of them. Sure, there are photos I don't really like in my gallery, but there are almost too many that I do actually like. However, some photos do stand out. "Patty and Lilly", "Say What?" and then there's personal pieces, like this photo of my dog; "Havin' a Good Time" which means more to me than any other photograph ever will. Simply because that is my dog, my german shephard who has stood by my side through so many difficult situations. The dog that wakes me up 07:30 every morning, wagging her tail and giving my a big morning kiss.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I recently discussed this in a journal of mine and it's really all about the easy-to-use site, the incredible amount of features and that your gallery looks very nice and clean. Sure there's FlickR and PBase, but none of them offers such an easy way to show you work - in my opinion that is. The DeviantART community is so diverse. There's the people who hate nude photographs, and then there's the people who love nude photographs. There's the people who absolutely love manga and anime, and then there's the people who can't stand it. You can find anyone on DeviantART - and you will find someone, without having browse around for ages, clicking through the endless profiles and artworks.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Heh, wow. That's a difficult one. First of all, most of my comments are kind and simple ones, like "beautiful!" and so forth. People don't put too much effort into it, but I remember this time when a dear dA friend of mine named PassiveIre wrote a comment on my profile page asking "What's your favorite thing to try to capture through your lenses when your crawling around outside?". It's not a funny, strange or weird comment really. It's just a comment and question I really appreciated. It came out of nowhere and my reaction was like "Woah, where did that came from?" and I was glad that she asked and paid interest in my life and work. That means a lot to me, when people do care about the person behind the photos and how he/she works - and that's also how you learn.





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page! And as always, please respect the art and the artist. Art Libs has gained permission from the artists to feature their work on our site. If you would like to use any of the art for ANY reason, you MUST obtain your own permission. Please do not steal or reproduce any art. Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment