Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Self-Portrait Contest Entries

Hey everyone! First of all...

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY ART LIBS!


Yay! Now onto other things... for the past month and half or so, we have been running a contest and asking people to submit self-portraits (either ACTUAL portraits or abstract interpretations!). The contest ended on Saturday the 10th and I am finally getting around to posting up the entries (sorry... hectic week and I've fallen slightly behind with LIFE!). Now we have a few fantastic judges that will help us out, but I would like to sort of have a people's choice award of sorts, so PLEASE... vote for whichever piece you like best (up to THREE votes, but no more than that please!)! All of the entries are just numbered, so when you vote, place the number of the pieces you like best! OH! And to actually submit your vote, just leave a comment below! So without further delay... here are your entries!

Oh! And if you're new to Art Libs, follow us and come back to check out some of our awesome features!

UPDATE: I kind of assumed that most people would sign in to vote for the contest, but clearly I was wrong about that. Well I now know for future reference that I should make it mandatory to sign in to vote. Second of all, I did mention, albeit not very distinctly, that the votes posted here are solely for bragging rights, this is a people's choice award of sorts. The actual prize winners will be decided by the chosen judges. Sorry for the confusion.



1. 2.


3. 4.


5. 6.


7. 8.


9. 10.


11. 12.


13. 14.


15. 16.


17. 18.


19. 20.


21. 22.


23. 24.


25. 26.



27. 28.


29. 30.


31. 32.


33. 34.


35. 36.


37. 38.


39. 40.


41. 42.


43. 44.


45. 46.


47. 48.


49. 50.


51. 52.


53. 54.


55. 56.


57.

127 comments:

  1. 7, 16, and 54. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 36 and 42 and 56 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 28
    30
    3

    this is andrew. athos of light

    ReplyDelete
  4. 34, 49, and 54.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 34 without a doubt

    ReplyDelete
  6. 18(so deep),47(is so great),31(is so amazing)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 43 and 31 and 57 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. 27,25(sooo amazing),31

    ReplyDelete
  9. 48, 12, 46 ;) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 12 please? haha and 51 ( beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 37,55,31

    good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 6 she is very pretty 11,16

    ReplyDelete
  13. 51 it is an amazing portrait

    ReplyDelete
  14. 51! gorgeous and flowy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Agreed 51 is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 51 gorgeous and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Detail is extraordinary in 12. Portrait 19 is also intriguing. Third choice is 40 (beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't this a bit of a silly way to have a vote? Someone could vote for the same image multiple times and no one would know the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isn't it interesting that there are blocks of comments voting for the same piece? Almost as though one person was posing as many anonymous people...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah, I totally agree, this does seem awfully fishy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah! How do we know these "anonymous" voters are different people?

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've got a great point there, Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know, Anonymous, I think we are of the same mind. I seem to agree with you completely. I think our hearts might be connected, and I'd like to meet you... or wait... I AM you. OMG, we're all the same person!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Also, this is an extremely fishy way to vote, one person could just post 100 comments voting for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I suppose if someone reeeeeallly needed to win a generous free contest they could cheat, but things do have a way of coming back around. Maybe in the future you should have to sign in to vote. Either way: 11,42,25

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ EVERYONE: Waaaaaaaah! In the description, I did mention that the judges would be figuring out stuff, but I was opening voting for a sort of people's choice award. So these votes are nothing more than just for bragging rights. The judges will decide the real winners and such!

    However, this was a fantastic test run for opening voting for future contests... I now know better than to rely on the honour system.

    ReplyDelete
  27. In the future no more anonymous comments! And congrats one your one year anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. 31 is impressing and 11 is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  29. 6 and 31!
    when will you announce the winners?

    ReplyDelete
  30. when will u announce the winners?

    ReplyDelete
  31. number 33 and 42
    5 is also interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  32. also among the photos I like number 31 and 54 has interesting detail!

    ReplyDelete
  33. 31 is mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. 31 and 25 is nearly impossible. I think they should be the 1st and 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Number 12, I hope it wins. Amazing details, looks like a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Akemi, I love you!! 12, 12, 12

    ReplyDelete
  37. does anyone know how to amke 31? I wanna know how that's so cooool

    ReplyDelete
  38. when are you going to post the winners :S

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello, my name is Emily & I am a member of Deviant art. I have noticed that MY photo has been taken and posted here on your website. Number 6 is a portrait that I have taken, please remove it ammeadielty, Here is a link to my profile >> http://missunfortunate.deviantart.com/ and here is a link to my photo >> http://missunfortunate.deviantart.com/art/Smile-For-Summer-129183497... I did not post my photo onto this website, it has been posted here saying that it is them!!!!

    ReplyDelete