Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Updates and Input

Basically I’m taking up this feature space for the day to try and brainstorm some new ideas for Art Libs! I really want all you followers to comment and get a chance to join in on the features, so I’m trying to think of a way to make Art Libs a little more interactive! Contests are obviously a good way to do that, but I would really like to also make the features more interactive. The only way I can really think of is open up a Q&A for you so you can ask the featured artists some questions and comment on their work and chitchat if you feel like it!

I’m hoping that you can give me some feedback on what you think. What would make YOU want to post and interact with the site?

Anyways, so I guess with that being said, I’m going to give you a quick update! We’re approaching the final stretch of the Self Portrait contest I am hosting on deviantART, if you are interested, head over here and check it out! Also, we’re almost at that time of the year… yes that is correct, it’s our ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Waaaaaaah! Crazy, right?! I never thought we would make it this far, so look out for activities and features galore etc on April 14, 2010!

2 comments:

  1. hey, maybe artlibs can feature stories of established artists on theor journey of how they made it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I've been thinking hard about this. I think the chitchat with the artists thing would be kinda cool. However I think your made-up bios about the artist are getting kinda generic and boring. Their always about the artists cutting some body part and then getting married to someone fantastical. You should mix it up a little. Also, how about a new "arty" template? Something that would really liven up this blog and perhaps get a template that would suit pictures more because this blog is all about the art, right? You know, like have the pictures featured in bigger size. But then, maybe that would slow down your blog's load time... Anyways, my point is, your current template is kinda dreary actually. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything. And yes scoring an interview with an established artist would be great.

    But the important thing is, don't get your head too messed up over this. Blogging should be fun, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete