Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ryan Ruffatti

Ryan Ruffatti is known for his work with cans. Ryan first started drawing when he was only 21 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the quick pressure of being a child prodigy softly got to him and he had a stinky breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own elbow! Ryan found slick inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his office for all the caps to see! Ryan eventually got married to Paul Simon and they remain together seductively in the Sears Tower with their 12 children. Ryan would like to thank Lincoln, Malcolm Reynolds and Jim Davis for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The shoot itself tends to be the easiest part the photo for me. no matter how complicated and difficult the idea is, that's where the fun is for me. Editing photos after the fact tends to drag for me. I'm really excited to do the first two, but anymore then that it starts to become work.

Where and how do you find inspiration?
Lots of different places. Some times it's comic books and paintings. Other times it's because I have some random prop or costume laying around that I want to use. Then there are the ideas that seemingly come from nowhere and somehow my mind cobbled them together to form a somewhat coherent thought.

What do you feel is the significance of online communities, such as deviantART, to aspiring artists?
They are great ways of people to discover artists that they may have never seen before. Also paves the way for people to be able to live and make money as artists that would have been completely unknown otherwise.

What is the weirdest, strangest or funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I tend to use very simplistic methods of doing effects. And I get a fair number of people who do not believe my answers when they ask how I did something. Also comments I get from people who think I'm the model is also fun.

What advice can you offer to other artists?
Have fun. If you enjoy doing it and are having fun, then nothing else matters.





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page! And as always, please respect the art and the artist. Art Libs has gained permission from the artists to feature their work on our site. If you would like to use any of the art for ANY reason, you MUST obtain your own permission. Please do not steal or reproduce any art. Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment