Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, March 15, 2010

Jason Pultz

Jason Pultz is known for his work with cheeseburgers. Jason first started drawing when he was only 43 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the glistening pressure of being a child prodigy extremely got to him and he had a yellow breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own elbow! Jason found sticky inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his dungeon for all the kitties to see! Jason eventually got married to Spiderman and they remain together perfectly well in the Eiffel Tower with their 22 children. Jason would like to thank Abraham Lincoln, Hitler and Picasso for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part of the artistic process : I always found if you don't put pressure on yourself - that's the easiest way. For me it's when I'm just sketching for fun. I don't have to think about how it's going to look in the end or worry about it being perfect or cleaned up enough. I just start drawing and fill up the page. It's not for work so there's no client to worry about. No deadline either! And if I hate it what I've drawn - just tear it out and forget about it.

Hardest part: Sitting down and getting to it. Looking at that blank page and not having ideas. Not being happy with what I've drawn mostly cause I'm out of practice. (Need to draw everyday!) And making art for cash/a living is always a bit stressful. If you've taken your hobby you love and put those pressures on it sometimes it gets less fun.

What do you feel is the significance of online communities, such as deviantART, to aspiring artists?
Online communities are good and bad. It's super easy for artists to make online portfolios and get your work seen. But, it's so easy to get caught up with looking at all the stuff out there that is inevitably better than yours. My advice is to not focus on other artist's work. Maybe get inspired - but get off the internet and get drawing!

What is the weirdest, strangest or funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I make art mostly to get funny comments. I always want people to laugh and have a good time with my work. In my old apartment I had a lot of my paintings up on the wall. I was selling a 4-track tape recorder on craigslist. When the older man came to my place to pick it up he had a good look around at all the paintings and said " Your place looks like your website." haha

What advice can you offer to other artists?
My advice is to work hard, draw a little bit every day ( or play your instrument etc whatever your "art" is ) and believe in yourself and your work. You will get better with practice and with time. Find your own style and have fun!





Please make sure to check out his web site! And as always, please respect the art and the artist. Art Libs has gained permission from the artists to feature their work on our site. If you would like to use any of the art for ANY reason, you MUST obtain your own permission. Please do not steal or reproduce any art. Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment