Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, March 22, 2010

Gilles Roman

Gilles Roman is known for his work with rats. Gilles first started drawing when he was only 10 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the shiny pressure of being a child prodigy soon got to him and he had a tall breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own hand! Gilles found flat inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his kitchen for all the cacti to see! Gilles eventually got married to Barrack Obama and they remain together inside in the Empire State Building with their 54 children. Gilles would like to thank Marco Polo, Spiderman and Leonardo Da Vinci for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Nothing is really hard or easy in painting, it's just a question of work and time. I think some things are more laborious than others. From the moment you have the idea in mind the hardest is done! After it is just a question of time and perseverance and it comes naturally (for me at least !).
When they are finished, promoting my pictures is a very difficult thing, I think THIS is the hardest part of the artistic process.

Where and how do you find inspiration?
I find my inspiration everywhere! Whether through internet art websites or in every day life. I think observing the world around us is the best way to progress.

What do you feel is the significance of online communities, such as deviantART, to aspiring artists?
The emergence of online communities has allowed many artists to emerge and become quite famous. Websites like deviantART are a great opportunities to show your art to the world. It's a perfect way to take contact with artists from all over the world and to share your artistic universe.

What is the weirdest, strangest or funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
The funniest comment I've received maybe was a comment on my speed paint "What ?" on deviantART. It said: "LOL!! I clicked on this and exclaimed, 'WHAT!?' I find it hilarious that's what you called this." I'm very happy that some people think my paintings titles are hilarious. I receive a lot of positive comments on my different works and I really thanks everybody for that, it's always a real pleasure to read.

What advice can you offer to other artists?
I think that digital art is not that different from traditional art. If you are used to drawing, you will not be disappointed with painting softwars. Photoshop or graphic tablets are just some kinds of tools for the artist to use. The only real way to progress is to work and work again. Watch tutorials, they can be very helpful sometimes.





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page! And as always, please respect the art and the artist. Art Libs has gained permission from the artists to feature their work on our site. If you would like to use any of the art for ANY reason, you MUST obtain your own permission. Please do not steal or reproduce any art. Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment