Art Libs on Twitter

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Unspoken Word

UPDATES
Wow. So Art Libs has almost been around for a year now. Sweet! I can honestly say that when I started this project, I didn’t know if it would take off or fail and be abandoned. So far we have a little bit of both. We have some loyal followers and great artists that contribute to our success, but we need to keep growing. I’ve decided that I’m going to try and post up some personal messages like this to keep you all in the know and let you know about cool things that I’ve discovered and such! Excited? You should be!

First of all, for anyone who doesn’t already know… ADAM HUGHES is going to be featured on Art Libs! His interview is going to be up on February 19, 2010. Make sure that you drop by to check it out!

Next on our list is a re-vamp. I would really love to update the blog and give it a less generic look… make it more like a web site with lots of stuff for you guys to check out, like a break down of what’s on the site (like the artists, which mediums are around… browse by medium etc.). I would love a logo revamp as well as some web site buttons made and so much more.


CONTEST
With the last part being said about a logo revamp and web site buttons. I’m proposing a contest! We want YOU to design a logo and/or web site buttons! If your logo is chosen here is what I’m offering as a prize (with possibly more to come!):
-a MONTH long feature
-questions geared specifically for you and your work
-DOUBLE the images that normally get featured
-a nice big link at the top of the page so everyone go directly to your link
-a big feature on my deviantART page

Now the rules are simple:
-I would love for the logo to be a variation of the original, but I am NOT opposed to change, it just really has to make sense for the web site
-the submitted works MUST be your own original pieces

If you are interested in participating, send me an email or a message on deviantART or leave us a comment below! I’m going to set up some deadlines and things soon and maybe I’ll even have a contest set up through deviantART as well! Keep your eyes peeled!


JIBBER JABBER
I love blogging. I love art. I love scouring the internet for new and exciting things. In the future, I’m going to try and show you guys some awesome links and things I’ve found, but for now, if you’re interested in checking out things I’ve found, go creep our new links page that has some awesome finds listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment