Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Shysuiko

Shy Custis is known for her work with safety pins. Shy first started drawing when she was only 713 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the crane pressure of being a child prodigy well got to her and she had a brilliant breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own leg! Shy found crisp inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her office for all the stickers to see! Shy eventually got married to Coey Kuhn and they remain together poorly in their house with their 314 children. Shy would like to thank Napoleon, Dr. Jekyll and JC Leyendecker for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
For me, there's nothing easy about art-- or at least not effortless, at least. Pretty much everything I put on paper requires my complete attention and effort or it comes out below par. If I had to pick, I guess details are the easiest for me, because it's often more of a meditative, habitual process that requires less thought than compositional work or working out proper forms.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Ummm, I don't really have one. XD I things I really like from different pieces, and there are a handful of things that came out very close to the image in my head, but no set fav.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
At first, year ago when I joined, it was more the novelty of the place that brought me to it, but as I grew, the only thing that really kept me on DA was the people that i grew to know and liked to share work with. I also know there are a fair few people I don't even know personally who would be disappointed if I left, so since it's no skin off my back to post there I continued to, and I certainly appreciate getting feedback on my work and seeing what others have to show.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Oh, oh dear. marriage proposals? no- no, no, um, offers of sexual favours for art. yeah, probably that.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for following my blog. OMG your blog is so beautiful!! I also saw your other blog, Freshly Scented. Its very nice. I'm a huge movie fan too. Followed both your blogs. Keep up the good work ;)

    ReplyDelete