Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lanitta

Svetlana Makarova is known for her work with markers. Svetlana first started drawing when she was only 14 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the immediate pressure of being a child prodigy stunningly got to her and she had a ridiculous breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own finger! Svetlana found broadened inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her kitchen for all the bats to see! Svetlana eventually got married to Russell Brand and they remain together strangely in their minds with their 4.31 children. Svetlana would like to thank J.K. Rowling, the Beatles and Alice in Wonderland for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Well, my personal point of view is that there are no easy parts in artistic process – its kind of a constant challenge to yourself (at least that’s how it works for me). Cause with every single piece I try to get better and better – that’s not easy, but extremely exciting and interesting. Yet, I can definitely tell you what is the hardest part for me - it is when I cannot put my ideas to life, because I’m lacking some knowledge. That certainly leads to studying something new – which I like a lot, so again a challenge!

Which is your favourite piece and why?
They all are at definite period of time.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
It is very popular, so a lot of people all over the world can see my works, which is great definitely. And I like that people here are being very friendly and tolerant, no abuses or smth like that. And here one may find thousands and thousands of great artists from all over the world to see and get inspired by.

What is the weirdest, strangest or funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Well, there were a lot of comments already. Most of them were pretty nice. The funniest usually concerned the thinness and long legs of my girls.
So couple of the funniest comments I can remember right now were: first from a rather tall guy (as far as I’ve understood) who wrote bout one of my girls: “Gosh, she’s taller than me!?” And second one to the same piece but from a girl: “Endless woman!”





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, please respect the art and the artist. Art Libs has gained permission from the artists to feature their work on our site. If you would like to use any of the art for ANY reason, you MUST obtain your own permission. Please do not steal or reproduce any art. Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment