Art Libs on Twitter

Friday, January 15, 2010

WarrenLouw

Warren is known for his work with time travel. Warren first started drawing when he was only 837 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the wonky pressure of being a child prodigy especially got to him and he had a perky breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own eyebrow! Warren found cherished inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his kitchen for all the bats to see! Warren eventually got married to Angelina Jolie and they remain together gracefully in their doghouse with their 0.02 children. Warren would like to thank Mary Louise Parker, Snoopy and Brendan Fraser for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest? Hmm... that's a tough one... Probably the initial conceptualizing, although that sometimes can be the hardest part. It just depends on how high I set the standard for the artwork. Id say after all the rough sketches, penciling the final lineart has to be the easiest. As for the hardest part, which also generally ends up taking the most time, that gotta be the face and skin. I always make sure to try reach a certain level with my faces so that they are able to connect with people on a deeper level or at least make them feel something. The eyes are the most important to me which I can often spend hours and hours on. Eyes breathe life into the artwork and also act as a gateway to their core essence, so I try make sure Im taking that as far as I can.



Which is your favourite piece and why?

I don't have any absolute favourite of mine, but I do love certain aspects from a variety of pieces. I generally end up loving the newest artwork Ive created, just because I always try find better ways to do certain things. As long as I'm moving forward with the artwork and come out feeling like my skills have leveled up, I'm happy. The best I can do is try narrow it down to a top 3... so that would be Mariam II for the warmth I feel in her eyes and smile, Gia for her innocent and delicate beauty, and my Emma Frost for her innocence, purity, and elegance.


What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?

Firstly my goal is to create art for myself, to challenge and push myself further and further, to always keep moving forward, to go beyond and break through all the illusions of limitations we hold onto so tightly. Lastly this is an experience I want to share with others to help inspire and motivate people to do the same in whatever fashion they choose. It's the process of tackling any challenge where you can learn the most important things. its not about mindlessly creating pretty artwork, its about the journey the artwork takes you on to show you something more... its a very personal thing, but this is what I want to share with everyone, and deviantART is a great place to do this with all the amazing people onboard there. It gives a great opportunity for to me to meet others to learn from and help motivate and inspire me. So its all just a cycle of helping everyone and working as a team on deviant as I see it.


What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Well nothing that really comes to mind on deviant, but here at home about 3 years ago I was working on trying to develop another more stylized version of my style and I had my parents sitting behind me watching tv. I was busy drawing another girl as usual, but anatomy and posing wasn't something that came too naturally for me just yet... so her pose did look a bit retarded... then I hear my mother say "she looks like shes walking backwards to go forwards"... my father just started laughing. I was just like "Im not finished yet!" but soon after couldn't help myself from laughing either.





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete