Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

UndineCG

Cintia Gonzálvez is known for her work with cakes. Cintia first started drawing when she was only 24 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the filmed pressure of being a child prodigy massively got to her and she had a wicked breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own leg! Cintia found spanking inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her bathroom for all the fish to see! Cintia eventually got married to Matt Damon and they remain together merrily in their house with their 14 children. Cintia would like to thank Martha Stewart, Rachel McAdams and Clint Eastwood for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
I think the easiest part is maybe to the idea and draw it (this is the part in which I always have more fun). The hardest part is for me to give it a realistic look when painting, since I started digital painting in a serious way just 2 years ago, so I still don't have too much technique.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I really don't know, since I work the most with sensations and anecdotal moments and think that they all have something I like. Anyway I can say the ones of which I'm more proud are maybe Madelene, in which I can see now a lot of flaws, and Walking on Air. That's because I find they are a turning point for my art. Anyway, I have a lot of unfinished stuff from even years ago that I think it's very important for me to do, because most of the works I have here on DA, and then, finished, don't show all I want to show of myself.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I think we all need recognition and to feel appreciated by what we do, specially our art. I think that's why I'm here in part. I never had before the opportunity of showing off my best and getting such a bunch of positive comments and feedback. I'm glad to be here, since I think that the best audience I can have are other people who loves art. I found here great art, artists and people too. It's funny to see how near actually I am from people who lives in the other side of earth :D
Besides, this is the better way to expand my art and to find people who can be interested on it. Tanks to the job services forum I've earned money when I needed it :) and is not a lie that when the most audience you have here, more easier is to earn cash, that is something we all dream about, to reach the moment in which we can live doing the thing we where born to, PAINTING!

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Well, people don't make weird comments in overall. That's maybe because I didn't have too much of them anyway. I can remember, for example, that in a couple of occasions people told me, Nice shot! Other times is when your friends at DA tell you in a drawing with a black background, "Hey, I like the background!"





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment