Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, January 4, 2010

Spookychild

Spookychild is known for her work with applesauce. Spookychild first started drawing when she was only 38 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the awkward pressure of being a child prodigy sluggishly got to her and she had a flaming breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own toenail! Spookychild found delightful inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her bathroom for all the pancakes to see! Spookychild eventually got married to her cable guy and they remain together hysterically in their trailer with their 83 children. Spookychild would like to thank Alexander the Great, George Carlin and Salvador Dali for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
I would say the hardest part is getting started. Those first sketches when you're trying to pull the image from your head and put it on paper are the toughest. After that its just refining and that's much easier.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favorite piece is my grim reaper piece because it was pretty much my first decent attempt at digital painting. I haven't really had the time to do many more since then and none of them have been quite as good as that first one. It does have some issues with being cliche and the lack of real depth and meaning, but I've never put so much work into a piece before.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I've met some of the coolest people on deviantart, and some friendships that have spread into the real world. I've met deviant friends in person before and even exchanged Christmas cards. I suppose it's because I don't have many artist friends in the real world whom can give me good feedback or even really care about my art. That and I love collaborating and exchanging ideas with other creative folk.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Oh wow, there have been some crazy ones. Hmmm. Well the most recent one was in regards to my comic; someone asked if the three female silhouettes were the tortured souls of Destiny's Child.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment