Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

ShouYume

ShouYume is known for her work with dolls. ShouYume first started drawing when she was only 26 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the fluffy pressure of being a child prodigy scarcely got to her and she had a puffy breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own liver! ShouYume found tiny inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her studio for all the Chihuahuas to see! ShouYume eventually got married to Jack Nicholson and they remain together happily in their car with their 87 children. ShouYume would like to thank Michael Jackson, Hugh Laurie and T.M. Revolution for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part of the creative process, for me, has become the inking of an image, which in itself is a tedious matter. Since inking is just making the already drawn piece clearer, it doesn't hold as much difficulty for me. However, there are three difficult parts to this process. The first is establishing an attractive concept, while the second and third are visualizing the concept as a drawing and coloring it. All of these are what establish the style and appeal of my piece regarding imagery.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Since my style varies so much from piece to piece, it's difficult for me to pick one piece as my absolute favorite. However, my "Good vs. Evil" piece is rather different from my usual works, so I will say that it's one piece that appeals to me the most.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
DeviantART was my first experience with maintaining an online art gallery. I've also found it to be the most organized, with excellent features and reasonable rules and regulations. dA quite possibly the best designed site for art networking, and though I'm on multiple art sites, none receive as much attention from me as dA.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I've had many amusing comments on my artwork, but one that I can definitely say continues to amuse me. One piece I drew while still fairly new to dA was of a character with unfortunately extra long arms. A watcher and friend of mine immediately stated that his arms made him look like a 'muscle snake.' And thus, this character was nicknamed Musclesnake by that watcher from then on.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment