Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Shirotsuki

Shiro is known for her work with kittens. Shiro first started drawing when she was only 13 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the hopping pressure of being a child prodigy arbitrarily got to her and she had a slender breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own right eye! Shiro found spiffy inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her living room for all the helicopters to see! Shiro eventually got married to Ted Allen and they remain together swiftly in their shoebox with their 7 children. Shiro would like to thank Helen Keller, John Glenn and Nancy Graves for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Iiii'm not sure. I think the hardest thing for me to do is to think simple on a picture, I'm kind of happily obsessed with stuffing every available corner of my work with some kind of 'hey look!'.. and sometimes the effect can totally blow a composition, or overwhelm me into not finishing a picture. The part of the process i love the most though is adding light, using light and color to express a certain feeling, or even to define a specific space.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I still like 'WALK' a lot. It definitely isn't technically sound or anything, but I can still get caught up in the piece. It smells like rain.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Im kind of afraid of deviantart, but I love having a place to share my work and process, and where I can also stare creepily at people who's work inspires the pants off of me. It's a great way to stay in touch with my friends, too, since a lot of us draw.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Holy hand grenade, I don't think I can remember. Once my boss told me the main character in the very first illustration I drew for the project looked like she was taking a dump? I was in stitches!





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment