Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

o-Claire-o

Claire is known for her work with dragons. Claire first started drawing when she was only 8 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the sad pressure of being a child prodigy quickly got to her and she had a small breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own big toe! Claire found happy inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her bathroom for all the pens to see! Claire eventually got married to axe and they remain together bravely in their cabin with their 2 children. Claire would like to thank Martin Luther King, Scarlett Johansson and a jaguar for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The hardest: The inspiration: sometimes it’s there, but sometimes it isn’t. And after that, when inspiration is here, when I have a lot of ideas… I don’t have enough time to draw them! So, I write them on a piece of paper…but it keeps having more ideas than time!

The easiest: Hum… Even if it takes me a lot of time, I think the “easiest” (the most pleasant) thing is finding the good colours, those which look the best together.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favourite piece is “Cloud” because it took me only one day to create it, and I’m satisfied with the result: The drawing looks like a dream (I think).

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
It‘s easy to share art on deviantART. And I wanted to share with more people than my family and my friends. In fact, I wanted to test my work…To know if it could be appreciate by others. And after that, I also discovered that posting a drawing on deviantART has becoming an object for me when I work on a drawing, so I really try to do my best (and it gives me some motivation).

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
“OMiG!!! I loved the Little Mermaid when I was younger (I still do!!) I've always wanted to be a mermaid b/c I love to swim!!! ” This comment makes me smile because it’s unusual to read somebody confessing that. But I’ve never had A comment really strange or funny.



Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment