Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

M0thyyku

Marta Bevacqua is known for her work with Spartans. Marta first started drawing when she was only 14 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the funny pressure of being a child prodigy coldly got to her and she had a righteous breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own pinky finger! Marta found broken inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her wardrobe for all the mimes to see! Marta eventually got married to Frodo the Hobbit and they remain together rabidly in their cabin with their 10 children. Marta would like to thank Eric Bana, Dan Brown and Mother Teresa for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest and hardest parts of the artistic process always change for me. Sometimes, my head is so full of ideas that I think it's going to explode, so this is the easiest part, but I don't have models or I don't know where to go to take photos. Sometimes I have a lot of models, and they suggest to me a lot of different places to go, but I don't know what to do. But this is simple: when I'm starting a photo shoot, even if I don't have an exact idea, something always come and then photos are good. The other problem is the post production: sometimes in 2 seconds you make a photo so much better, other times you have to try for hours with an horrible result.
I think the easiest part of the process is manage to take almost one good shot, and this is quite easy, because i enjoy a lot going with my friends (and models) to some places and take photos. then, I don't miss ideas, so it's good for me.

The difficult part is edit colours in a good way. Obviously this is different for each photo so one by one, you have to find the right way to edit them.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I don't have just one favourite piece. there are some i think they're really good, so i adore them for my satisfaction. but others are for me more than a simple shot, in this case they are much more important to me. and sometimes, when i take difficult shots (so i put hours in them, both taking and editing) the satisfaction i feel makes me love that photos.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
deviantART is for me a way to be judged. More favs I get, more beautiful is the shot for the "public". And it is also a source of inspiration (there are so many great artists there!) and a source of personal satisfaction (when you realized you have a lot of fans!). There are several things I hate about dA, but I look past those reasons.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
"no! you have touched a small cat! now he'll die because you can't touch him when he has only some days! you're a murderer!"

"this photo is beautiful, well composed, the colours are nice...etc etc. but i don't like it. for me, it doesn't deserve all these favs"

"I could surely take this photo better than you" (after some days: "i was joking")





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, please respect the art and the artist. Art Libs has gained permission from the artists to feature their work on our site. If you would like to use any of the art for ANY reason, you MUST obtain your own permission. Please do not steal or reproduce any art. Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment