Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gucken

Jeff Michelmannis known for his work with blankets. Jeff first started drawing when he was only 14 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the mighty pressure of being a child prodigy smarmily got to him and he had a tumultuous breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own butt! Jeff found outrageous inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his attic for all the whales to see! Jeff eventually got married to Christina Aguilera and they remain together lovingly in their love shack with their 41 children. Jeff would like to thank Christian Bale, Hugh Laurie and Wonder Woman for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
I think the hardest part is to finally submit the projects one was working on and let other people you care about see, what you have been doing until now.
Will they like it? Will they think it's utter crap? I think a lot about those things, but in the end, you do your art for yourself, because that is the way you like to express yourself. And eventually it is not that hard anymore, to release your work!

Which is your favourite piece and why?
It changes very often. And to be honest, I don't really have a favourite piece in my own gallery. There are many, that I like, mainly because of specific elements and special moods I was able to create, but my favourite pieces are often works in other galleries done by other artists!

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Well, deviantART is a huge site and the community over there is just amazing!
I have found a lot of old and new friends in the community, that I would never leave, no matter what!

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I think the weirdest comment I have ever received on one of my works, was on a very small piece labeled as a photomanipulation. The user has thanked me so much for the HD graphics I create with my tablet from scratch, and he saved it as his desktop wallpaper.





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment