Art Libs on Twitter

Friday, January 22, 2010

CQcat

Helen Huang is known for her work with bluebirds. Helen first started drawing when she was only 12 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the massive pressure of being a child prodigy creakingly got to her and she had a scattered breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own hand! Helen found plagued inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her auditorium for all the sharks to see! Helen eventually got married to Alfred Hitchcock and they remain together hilariously in their church with their 41 children. Helen would like to thank Dr. McDreamy, Mike Myers and Muse for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
To me, the easiest part is the girl illustration because I would already have the image in my head for a while and know exactly what I want to do. The hardest part is details, which add a lot to the artwork and background, in my case, that comes after the girl and has to match the mood and atmosphere and complete the whole piece.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
To me, every piece has its uniqueness. I cannot pick one favorite.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I am very new on dA, just started uploading my artwork this month, but I love dA!! It's a very rewarding feeling to share my artwork with people who have the same passion for art and interact with them. I appreciate all their opinions too, what they like about it and what improvement I can make. I just love inspiring people and being inspired by them.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Most of the comments are very nice and kind. I don't really remember any weird or strange ones. The funniest so far has to be the one on Water Dance about the jelly fish in the background, the comment reads: It's not their intentions but their touch that frightens me... especially the friendly ones. "Oh hi there friend, give me a hug, come on! I look like a jello, how can I be bad?" Then... ZAP! "Whoops! I forgot to mention I am bit toxic" *says with innocent smile* -_-'





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page and her personal web site! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Can't wait for the weekend. Hope you have a fantastic one!

    Feel free to drop by my blog :)

    http://lepainterstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete