Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blu-ish

Danielle is known for her work with sandcastles. Danielle first started drawing when she was only 4 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the creepy pressure of being a child prodigy spyingly got to her and she had a breathtaking breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own eyelash! Danielle found slimy inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her sauna for all the umbrellas to see! Danielle eventually got married to a flashlight and they remain together exasperated in their Taj Mahal with their 14 children. Danielle would like to thank Napoleon Bonaparte, the Queen and a honeybee for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part for me is selecting the best photographs of a shoot. I easily spot the good photographs between the heap of failed ones. Usually there are only so many ‘good’ photographs in the bunch.

Hm, I guess getting started. I don’t have many problems coming up with idea’s. But getting everything ready to make a photograph or to paint is usually problematic for the lazy person in me, haha. Also I usually get good idea’s when I’m extremely busy, during exams, when I have to clean my room, you get the idea.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favourite piece is: Look Up The Eiffel Tower. It was the first photograph I made in a creative way. I adore the angle the photograph was taken in, did got a lot of laughs when making it though :D The photograph also reminds me of the great time I had in Paris during a school trip with my classmates and friends. Note it was made with a bad digital camera, so it has a low resolution and quite a poor technique. But despite the low quality, this first photograph is very special to me.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
The ability to share my work is what draws me most to the deviantART community. Comments and criticism are so helpful to develop as an artist. Also I’m surrounded by art 24 hours a day because of my creative family and deviantART, I love it. Being able to browse through so many work feels like being in a museum or at an exposition, a museum/exposition that has an ever growing collection of work. It’s like being a kid in a candy store, the inspiration and excitement is huge.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
When I just started making photographs, I once made a photograph of my mom’s feet in Chinese shoes, I thought it looked rather cultural and posted the piece. Some foot-fetishist suddenly faved it and gave all sorts of praising comments on my mom’s feet! So yeah that was pretty weird. I removed that photograph out of respect for my mother.






Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment