Art Libs on Twitter

Friday, January 8, 2010

2-0-1-9

Dominic is known for his work with pictures. Dominic first started drawing when he was only 7 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the crazy pressure of being a child prodigy quickly got to him and he had a bad breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own leg! Dominic found good inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his bathroom for all the dogs to see! Dominic eventually got married to schnitzel and they remain together slowly in their car with their 6 children. Dominic would like to thank Julius Caesar, Britney Spears and a cat for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
For me the hardest part is always the start: first, finding a new idea for an artwork and second, how to turn my idea into the artwork.
The easy part is always something different, sometimes it's the finishing and another time it's the first step (right after the hardest part).

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favourite piece has to be 'Smokin'. I know it's not perfect, and it was my first vexel, but this really took me a lot of time to finish it and with time I really liked it more and more. Another reason may be, that I finished this one right after oral exam, with that my school time was over, so whenever I see this I think about how great it feels to leave school behind.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
The deviantArt community is just great, there are so many people, that are willing to help. The community really helped me, to improve my artworks.
Also there are really great artist around here, who can give you a lot of inspiration.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
The comments I normally get are neither funny nor strange, but the wierdest comment I got has to be "lovely shot, keep it up" on a completely computer generated image. Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't shot mean it's a photo?





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment