Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yeniel

Yeniel is known for her work with squirrels. Yeniel first started drawing when she was only 4 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the beautiful pressure of being a child prodigy slowly got to her and she had an expensive breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own eye! Yeniel found small inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her bathroom for all the dogs to see! Yeniel eventually got married to an astronaut and they remain together irritably in their dollhouse with their 14 children. Yeniel would like to thank Julius Caesar, Orlando Bloom and Pierre-Auguste Renoir for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
I have a lot of imagination, so it was always very easy for me to create things or stories.
The hardest part shall be the work of course, it takes time to develop your own style and to do something good. Making comics is a very long work -_-.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favourite of the moment is "Under the Cloud" , I like the faces of my characters and the feeling I have when I look at them, I also like the colouring I made and it's very rare!

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
At first it was only to protect my work, even if what I did at that time was really crappy xdd. What I like in DA is that this is a place where we only talk about art, I don't like when people are coming from nowhere and ask you stuff about yourself like they always were your best friend, it's just... weird o_O!

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
It isn't that funny or strange, but I remember that someone told me that one of my drawings looked like the ones you can find in fairytale books, and it made me think of that opportunity, it was a very good idea.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment