Art Libs on Twitter

Friday, December 11, 2009

Sinribbon

Sin Ribbon is known for her work with tomatoes. Sin first started drawing when she was only 6 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the squishy pressure of being a child prodigy increasingly got to her and she had a moist breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own butt! Sin found smelly inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her bathroom for all the tea sets to see! Sin eventually got married to Jerry and they remain together deeply in their ’79 Corvette with their 23 children. Sin would like to thank James Madison, Liv Tyler and Pablo Picasso for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
More than linework or coloring, I would have to say the most difficult part is thinking of something to draw and how you want to draw it. It can be easy at times if you're doing a simple drawing, but even having an idea in your head doesn't always get you far. Sometimes an idea will turn out differently than you envision or you're not entirely sure how to bring it life. I find that I'll often stare at a blank sheet of paper for a while before being able to put my idea down.

The easiest part is probably inking since you're pretty much tracing over lines. :P

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I like all my pieces for different reasons. The gifts I make for others always bring me joy. The pieces that take a long time and hard work always make me feel accomplished and proud, and the personal pieces resonate with me psychologically and spiritually. I do prefer artwork, both mine and others', that has some kind of meaning behind it.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there, that draws you to the deviantART community?
DeviantArt is well known and in many ways set the standard for the Internet art community. Many artists I'm a fan of post their pieces here, and when I decided to put myself out there and become part of the art community, DeviantArt just seemed like an appropriate step.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Hmm... Most of the comments I've received have been pretty constructive and complimentary, but on my Sailor Moon fanart, I did receive this comment: "OMG where is the sweet Serena???? she look so sad and in pain :p but i guess that´s what you wanted ;) so good work!!!" It made me chuckle.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

2 comments: