Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Philominaphotos

Philomina is known for her work with horses. Philomina first started drawing when she was only 7 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the adamant pressure of being a child prodigy puzzlingly got to her and she had a black breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own eye! Philomina found indecisive inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her bedroom for all the flowers to see! Philomina eventually got married to food and they remain together outside in their hut with their 25 children. Philomina would like to thank Cleopatra, Romy Schneider and the dog for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
For me the easiest part is making up ideas in my head and find a model that fits the look I’ve got in my head. The hardest part is to get them both together. Usually I find it hard to get in the flow when I start a shooting. All the makeup, hair, clothes, setting, lights, probs etc. are done and everything lies in my hands. Will I find the right angle, will I be able to tell the story in my head?

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Right about now this one is one of my favourites, "Porcelain Eyes II" because it’s one of my newest and I’m really proud how the photos turned out. The model really looks like a doll and her eyes are mesmerizing. My all time fave is "Ornaments" because on the first look it seems like a crevasse.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I love the communication between fellow photographers and artists. Comments from your friends are wonderful, too, but critiques from strangers, who share the same love for art can sometimes be even more helpful.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
This one for this photo:
“oooooh, i love the power projected and the malfeasance of mind this magnificent Mistress of chess unleashes in her radiant red dress. Whether hovering hypnotically and hauntingly over the pieces, playing a game of her own making where her mind is where she keeps the board while her eyes stare straight at you as if you are at the end of a sword, or as the bewitching Beauty of black menacingly making her sinister, spellbinding smile in taking your white Queen as if taking a hostile beach like a marine, all the rules of engagement when up against this sultry Sorceress are not always explained or seen.”





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment