Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

M-Bae

M-Bae was born on June 28, 2007 in Toronto. She was one of 3 children born to Superman, a lawyer, and Brad Pitt, a wrestler. In 2012, M-Bae began taking photos for fun of cheetahs and putting them together in a portfolio. Very soon, she was discovered and sent straight away to the Supreme Court to begin taking photos of Washington for Facebook.
M-Bae would like to thank Sigmund Freud, Beyonce and Eminem for always being her sources of inspiration.


What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
I use to do black and white dark room photography when I first started in highschool in an attempt to try something new in the midst of all the math and science courses. Though I admit using digital photography is REALLY easy in the sense that you have a memory stick that holds 284903284290 images for you, transferring, printing, etc is just all so convenient. As for when I use to work in the darkroom for 3 or 4 years, it was really tough just buying specific film, taking the photos, if you screw up, buying new film, redoing the shoots, taking the film out in a BLACK BOX (so no light ruins the unprocessed film plane), develop it in chemicals.... dry it out over night... now develop it in more chemicals.. WOW it was a lot of work.. but you know what? none of it really matter... I enjoy being a photographer.. it lets me visually express and visually remember things =)

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Not a favorite piece (because I take way too many photos)... but my favorite subject is... my dog Pudding =) My beautiful shetland sheepdog that looks like half lassie half fox ahhhh she's always greets me by the door when I come home, hides in my room when there's thunderstorms, waits for me when I'm on a trip, and just a whole lot more... I love her like nothing else in this world, hope I can add another sheltie to the family though =) would love another dog! They're so beautiful!

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I would honestly have to say my primary reason is because of the network DA has already set up here. A place where thousands of professional and amateur artists come together to look at all media, look for inspirations, trade skills, simply chat.... I am drawn towards DA because it allows me to spend my time with people who share the same interest as me rather than posting my pictures on ... something like Facebook where... people may not appreciate your work in an artistic way.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I an attempt to not get spammers posting their pictures up on my DA forums.. I made people have to write the word "Pudding" in their post... the crowd was so great, they were left me not only their art to look at but numerous attempts at trying to be creative and funny with my request. "POO-DINNNNG" "PaPaPaPoPaPaPaPoPuddinngFace", etc





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment