Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Katrina Schaman

Katrina Schaman is known for her work with pickles. Katrina first started drawing when she was only 365 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the jittery pressure of being a child prodigy foolishly got to her and she had a shiny breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own kneecap! Katrina found cuddly inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her bathroom for all the kayaks to see! Katrina eventually got married to Raggedy Ann and they remain together suddenly in their cabin with their zero children. Katrina would like to thank Sir Isaac Newton, Darth Vader and Matisse for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
I find that the easiest part of the artistic process is starting a new painting - there are no expectations, I just sit in front of a blank canvas and freely lay colours down. I find that the process gets harder near the end of a painting when I have to think about every small decision I make because one small mistake could ruin weeks worth of work.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I am constantly changing my mind about which pieces I like the best, I may love one painting today and another tomorrow. Today I feel drawn to the piece called Fire Flower.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I love the deviantART community because it is inspiring to see so many different types of artists all appreciating each other's work. People are always positive and I rarely see negative comments posted anywhere on the site.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I just looked through a bunch of my comments and couldn't find anything weird or strange but I will be sure to let you know if I get any in the future!





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment