Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HeatherIhn

Heather is known for her work with potatoes. Heather first started drawing when she was only 49 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the gigantic pressure of being a child prodigy slowly got to her and she had a furry breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own earlobe! Heather found squishy inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her garage for all the dogs to see! Heather eventually got married to George Clooney and they remain together quietly in their barn with their 3 children. Heather would like to thank Beethoven, Tom Cruise and Vincent Van Gogh for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part of the artistic process is the actual painting and coloring. I really love it, and I find it to be really soothing and at the end - rewarding. The hardest part is coming up with the initial idea and fine tuning my sketches. I guess it's partially because I am so anxious to start coloring!

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I honestly don't know if I have a favorite piece. I'm a pretty hard judge to myself, and it's difficult for me to look back at my older work (usually). However, one that comes in mind is the "imaginary friend - mud stew" painting. It just reminds me of my childhood and I love drawing cute monsters.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I absolutely love the deviantart community. At deviantart, I have an overwhelming amount of support that really keeps me going through tough times, and there is also an inspiring amount of talent there.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Hehe...I once drew a self portrait, and someone said, "I love the androgenous quality!". I wasn't sure how to feel about that...but I guess it was a compliment? Haha, I wasn't offended though, it just made me kind of stop and laugh.






Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment