Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Emiya

ZOMG EVERYONE! It's Christmas Eve! Waaaaaaaaah! If you don't celebrate Christmas, then happy holidays everyone! However, I do and I am in a really cheerful mood, so for this ONE day, I'm featuring DOUBLE the amount of images I normally post (mind you, half of them are tiny... but nonetheless). The person I chose to feature today is Emily Pickett and her art is absolutely brilliant and I am in love with it. If you are checking out this blog today, make someone's Christmas (or holidays) by favouriting some art or if you're on deviantART, add someone new to your devWATCH!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL YOU GLORIOUS FOLLOWERS! ART LIBS LOVES YOU!


Emily Pickett is known for her work with tomatoes. Emily first started drawing when she was only 2 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the shiny pressure of being a child prodigy slowly got to her and she had a spicy breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own elbow! Emily found mellow inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her attic for all the squid to see! Emily eventually got married to a beekeeper and they remain together quickly in their doghouse with their 14 children. Emily would like to thank Queen Elizabeth, Justin Timberlake and James Jean for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
I would say the easiest part of the artistic process is how the world can be your playground. Art has no limits, making it a very exciting medium to explore. On the flip side, no limits can sometimes be absolutely overwhelming, making it tough to be creative!

Which is your favorite piece and why?
My favorite piece would have to be "Elephant Song." I drew it on a whim once upon a time. Everything seemed to fit so effortlessly. I have always been extremely fickle with art pieces up until Elephant Song. It has been my favorite for awhile now!

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
DeviantART is a wonderful community where you can inspire and get inspired by other people. It makes my day to receive both positive and constructive criticism, as well as help out a fellow deviant.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Somebody once commented on a character piece I drew saying:
"LEMME BORROW THAT TOP.
and those earrings.
and sunglasses, please!"
I considered being a fashion designer, but quickly changed my mind.







Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment