Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, December 21, 2009

Emirasmussen

Emily was born on September 19, 1810 in a kitchen. She was one of 152 children born to Alfonso, a tight ropewalker, and Lola, a professional wrestler. In 1903, Emily began taking photos for fun of pillows and putting them together in a portfolio. Very soon, she was discovered and sent straight away to the end of the rainbow to begin taking photos of snowflakes for National Geographic
Emily would like to thank Siddhartha Gautama, Taylor Swift and Hermione Granger for always being her sources of inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?

For me the hardest part is translating an idea from my mind to the paper. I'm a photographer and a writer, and I find this the case in both of these fields. Sometimes when I take a picture I'll want it to turn out exactly as I see it, but it rarely ever does, which can be both frustrating and enlightening. The easiest part I would say is coming up with ideas for stories or subjects for photography, because it seems so spontaneous--sometimes I'll just be sitting in a boring class at school and think of a magnificent story plot. Or I'll be riding a bus and look out the window and think, "Now that would be a wonderful photograph"

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Currently, my favorite piece is Footprints in the Sand, because it reminds me of my trip to Costa Rica and Panama, especially the transition period I had in between the two countries. It reminds me that in life we always leave footprints in the sand, and even though sometimes the waves come up and try to wash them away, we can always retrace them.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
DeviantART is really the only place that I share my photos, and I like how people really can appreciate the work and beauty of the pictures. I also like browsing around and seeing all the magnificent work others have created.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
On my photo "Grasshopper Giant" I have a comment that reads "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD" and then later "DID IT BITE YOU" I thought those were pretty funny!






Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment