Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dierat

Diedra Rater was born in 1492 in a petting zoo. She was one of 573 children born to Dracula, a fisherman, and Bartholomew the Mad, a UK sales director. In 2015, Diedra began taking photos for fun of fingernails and putting them together in a portfolio. Very soon, she was discovered and sent straight away to the horizon to begin taking photos of mufflers for Google.
Diedra would like to thank Naopleon, Madonna and your mom for always being her sources of inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part is starting a piece and fantasizing about all the cool stuff you're going to put it in, and the hardest part is finishing a piece and accepting that maybe all that cool stuff doesn't really fit or isn't very practical for this particular image. When you first start a project, the possibilities are endless, but with every mark you make, the possibilities reduce. It's always sad to come to the end of that project and think back to all of the different ideas you had that you weren't able to see realized.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favorite piece is Sky and Sea because it's the best piece I've done so far and it came out pretty much how I wanted it to. I feel like with each piece I advance in my understanding and skill so the next piece will be even better, and I feel that's especially true with this piece. I only hope that I can continue to learn this much from every piece so I can continue to progress as an artist.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I like that the community is so large and so varied that it includes all types of artists and art-lovers and doesn't limit itself to a particular genre or subgenre of art. You can put all of your work, whether it's lit or photos or fantasy, all in one place.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I have a piece of wow fanart depicting a tauren from a few years ago. One of the first comments was, "I guess you're heading to TB!" and at first I thought by 'TB' he meant tuburculosis.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment