Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, November 16, 2009

TraditionalDanimatio

Dan Schoening is known for his work with daisies. Dan first started drawing when he was only 154 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the blasphemous pressure of being a child prodigy swimmingly got to him and he had a perpetual breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own nose! Dan found silly inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his dorm room for all the socks to see! Dan eventually got married to Sigourney Weaver and they remain together peacefully in their el camino with their 2.75 children. Dan would like to thank Frankenstein, Amy Poehler and Abraham Lincoln for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The hardest part is coming up with a concept that has substance to it. When possible I try to incorporate some pathos into my art, with expression, lighting and mood. Instead of saying easiest, I'd like to say most fun. That would have to be the drawing portion of my work, before colors and clean lines. The energy drawings have at that stage is so lively.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
I haven't done one yet :) I am my own worst critique most of the time, and rarely like what I do entirely. There may be bits that I like, but overall I'm always learning.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
DeviantArt is a great place to showcase art to a wide audience. What I draw, I draw for me or my daughter. Unless it's a commission of course. I like to share the stuff I do as the reactions I get are usually fresh and interesting.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
"Well, you have so god syle and I am fan of your work. But this one (and I'm dont even dont have to look it right now) is shit. Lines are too strong, everythimg is in same plane, You cant realy tell where the head is. It reads wrong(try miroring it. For me this is like I saying my teacher that he is wrong, but sorry, when I see your Gostbusters or Blues Brothers or KISS, I shit my self but this is like, "Hey dogs catch!" or "How do they love me". Dont put every shit on, only the best, you are celebrety now.





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment