Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Karinkanzuki

Racquel Ormsby is known for her work with flowers. Racquel first started drawing when she was only 200 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the bright pressure of being a child prodigy happily got to her and she had a sunny breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own toe! Racquel found bloody inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her computer room for all the cats to see! Racquel eventually got married to a musician and they remain together fabulously in their compartment with their 3 children. Racquel would like to thank Eddie Izzard, Audrey Hepburn and the abominable snowman for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part is to start the piece. Usually in between start and finish, I have a hard time "finding" the piece. I do a lot of exploration to find out where I want to take the piece, and once I've decided on an idea or concept that I can really relate to, I'll take it to the finish, where the project becomes easier once again.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
That's a hard question to answer. I was told by a great artist once, "Every new piece you work on should be--and more than likely WILL BE--the better than the last." And I definitely feel that with the whole Heroes&Bandits project I worked on (which is the most recent work I've done) is the best thing I've created. It's even better, in a sense, since the artwork for Heroes&Bandits is artwork for my band, Rambling Rose and the Bitter Rodeo. With both of these hand in hand, I feel that this work can and will always improve and become something I can truly be proud of.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I found DeviantArt through some high school friends during the turn of the century. I didn't realize how big of a community it was until I entered college. It was then that I felt I should be more involved, and found that there is much more to DeviantArt than ART. There is a lot of life happening all around the website. I wanted to be a part of that by being involved in clubs, chatting in the chat-rooms as well as uploading artwork, voting in public polls and saying hi to fellow artists :)

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
"That looks like something Rocky did" *As I was standing right next to the person.

Things like that make me giggle with glee!





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page and her personal web site! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment