Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, November 23, 2009

CassiopeiaArt

Cathrine Langwagenis known for her work with wagons. Cathrine first started drawing when she was only 812 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the happy pressure of being a child prodigy sweetly got to her and she had a maddening breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own foot! Cathrine found lovely inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her underwater den for all the monkeys to see! Cathrine eventually got married to Charles Darwin and they remain together argueably in their shack with their 42 children. Cathrine would like to thank the mermaids, Keira Knightly and Brad Pitt for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest process in creating an artwork for me is probably letting the imagination flow and getting ideas, the hardest part is definitely to try to execute those ideas to a digital canvas. The step of knowing what techniques to use and how to actually apply them and then finding the right resources to aid in the process are all quite time consuming and hard. It doesn't always turn out as what I had in mind!

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favourite piece of my own art is probably "Autumn is Coming" I have a particular love for matte paintings even though I find them extremely hard to do and I admire artists who makes these beautiful artworks. This one is as close to it that I've come so far, despite not being a proper matte painting that is, and that's why it appeals to me I think.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Oh the deviantart community is like the love of my life. You can find EVERYTHING you need for your artistic process in here; support, comments, resources, tutorials, hints, exposure, contests, features, friends, fellow artists etc etc. I kind of fell into dA by chance just seeing the address pop up behind many artists names that i admire and I thought I'd have a look what it was all about. I've never looked back since.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Oh lets see, this is a hard one...Probably most comments i got for making the very odd subject of digital cake manipulations. On the "The Chocolate Den" version I got many funny comments about living in chocolate, wanting a chocolate house and creating a chocolate craving with people watching it. All those comments made me smile, and that is what fun art is all about!





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page and her personal web site! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment