Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

B1nd1

Emmy Cicierega is known for her work with books. Emmy first started drawing when she was only 32 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the global pressure of being a child prodigy rapidly got to her and she had a magical breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own belly button! Emmy found purple inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her walk-in closet for all the books to see! Emmy eventually got married to the abominable snowman and they remain together uproariously in their cave with their 131 children. Emmy would like to thank Johnny Depp, Picasso and Jack Skellington for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part, for me, would probably be picking colors! If I have a clear idea of what mood I'm trying to achieve, I can almost always get exactly the feeling I want through colors.
The hardest part of the artistic process, for me, is improvement. It's very hard to drag ones self out of your comfort zone and push forward, but it's terribly rewarding when you do!

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favorite piece is always my latest. I grow tired of everything over time, though, which is why I'm always drawing new things!
The pieces that endure the test of time, though, and still stand out as good are always my more over-produced works. Things with backgrounds and careful attention to emotion, things like that.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Accessibility! It's an easy interface to use, I don't have to set up a fiddly page or anything.
You can use Deviant Art for casual socializing, hard critique, or business related networking. There's a social group for every need, and I like that a lot.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Oh I don't know what the all-time winner is! There's tons, and I don't know how to find them, they are scattered everywhere.
"CAN I GET THIS AS A TATTOO?"
"What kind of crack are you on and where can I get some?"
"I'm gonna print this out and rub it on myself"
"dam gurl u kno i be tappin dat ass if it wrnt fictional"
Things... like that. Basically.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment