Art Libs on Twitter

Friday, October 2, 2009

Madmoiselleclau

Claudia is known for her work with mermaids. Claudia first started drawing when she was only 7 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the pink pressure of being a child prodigy wonderfully got to her and she had a big breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own eyes! Claudia found easy inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her bedroom for all the tablets to see! Claudia eventually got married to a pencil and they remain together below in their house with their 10 children. Claudia would like to thank Cleopatra, Britney Spears and her dog for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
I think the easiest part is the idea, when u are into art, ideas come in a lot of unespected time and places!!!! and the hardest part I think is to translate the same thing u got in your head into the art you want, sometimes it doesn't come as you expected, but... sometimes is so much better than what u really wanted to do at first! So it's a cool process.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
So far I think my drawing called "The Little mermaid" it's a portrait made with pencil of Ariel, but the style is really different, she looks like a doll, because I use a doll photograph as a reference, I love it!!!!

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I was searching for some disney arts one day when I saw D.A. for the first time, and I saw so many awesome drawings that I was thinking how is that I have never seen that page before, and I started to watch people who I admire, and actually, D.A. and the people who I admire here, make me get back into the Illustration career again. If I haven't seen D.A., I think I wouldn't draw anything.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I don't remember anything right now, but the comments I would always loved is when people tell me that I should work for disney!!! yay!!! that would be great!!!!





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha the first paragraph is so funnY!!!!!!!!! :D hahaha I remember how u got me to write all the words! :D hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo :D awesome interview :D the intro was so clever I nearly bought it !! Good work :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha... ya they're a lot of fun to come up with!

    ReplyDelete