Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Limnides

Hey Art Lib fans! I just wanted to take this time to mention a couple things before we get to the very talented limnides! I firstly wanted to apologize to several artists (including our wonderful featurette today!) who took the time to fill out all our questions, art libs and send us images and we didn't get around to featuring them until now even though they've been in queue for quite some time. If you are one of these artists, please do NOT hesitate to send me a message to my email, to deviantART, or anywhere you can reach me. Otherwise, I promise I will go through any older feature messages and I will get to you ASAP! With that being said, please enjoy the beautiful art and fun Q&A of Alysia Trackim AKA limnides!

Once upon a city in a far away land called Tree, there lived an intricate train named Alysia Trackim. Her guitar was so soft that the electricity of the land was all very jealous. Not only was Alysia fiery, but also she was also very gifted. Alysia could draw like no other person could. Some said that she was a street and that her gifts were really manic. One day a solemn music became so cautiously crystalline that they decided to curse Alysia with a spell of heart disease, which would cause Alysia great warmth. The only way for Alysia to break the spell was to prepare on one foot, while juggling homes, and drinking a potion containing dahlias, a fox and hands. And all would be sincere unless it was sealed with a sea from her one true love, Napoleon Bonaparte. Alysia made a complacent recovery and married Napoleon and they had 7 children and lived terribly ever after.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Finding the idea and then actually executing it.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Of my own work? I'd have to go with "Antennas to Heaven". It's the most emotive of mine shown in the most minimalistic of ways. I'll not go into personal detail as not to spoil it.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
The diversity. The tens of thousands of thousands of different people all pulled together for one thing: art.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Hmm. I'd have to say, in `parliamentFunk's words: "I totally saw a slice of watermelon... man, I am hungry for summer." on Cidade dos Homens comes immediately to mind.






Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

2 comments:

  1. I love the last painting shown. I now have another person I watch <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Im so glad you found art to follow!

    ReplyDelete