Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, October 12, 2009

KatSushimi247

Kat Sushimi is known for her work with kittens. Kat first started drawing when she was only 12648643216549841561564946815135468354.2 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the quick doodling pressure of being an extremely odd child prodigy got to her and she had a repeat breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own pinky toe! Kat found not-so-nice inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her lampshade room for all the cleaniness to see! Kat eventually got married to God and they remain together dreamily in their doghouse with their 545745.5 children. Kat would like to thank Poe, Tine Fey and naked mole rats for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
I'll start with hardest: It's becoming stagnant & falling into a "comfort zone" it's very easy to do especially for someone like me who is still learning. I have to constantly remind myself to draw legs or loosen up my poses & draw guys--I SUCK at drawing guys...
Easiest: Would be buying art supplies? Nothing is "easy" in this for me but I can go bankrupt in an art store easy... This is all still very new so I'm challenged daily

Which is your favorite piece and why?
I would have to say my sketches. Especially "No Touching Me Booty" that one for reasons being I had a LOT of epiphanies while working on it & I really took my time & enjoyed it all. There are errors in that picture but the journey I took while drawing it is what I remember & it's one I'm actually proud of & show people.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I have to say I like the feedback I've gotten from some of my artist friends on there. I've met several artists whom I respect and they give me the best advice and they're from all over the world & different walks of life. It's a site where I'm not trying to be a "pro" I'm still learning so I'm allowed to make mistakes & have them pointed out to me & fix them.
The feedback I'm talking about are critiques & brainstorming not "OH SO CUTE!!!" I hate that.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
"Are you gay?" I get that a LOT because I'm a woman who draws girls & sometimes in provocative poses. Most of my girls are 1/2 naked & truth be told I don't cover them up because I'm so proud of the anatomy. Also I SUCK at drawing guys--I swear if I were good at drawing guys I'd be drawing naked men all over my gallery & licking the paper! BAHAHA! But I'm working on getting better at drawing dudes--I seriously need to.
& No, I'm not homosexual, I'm married tho I have no issue with homosexuality.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment