Art Libs on Twitter

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spicysteweddemon

Once upon a cracker in a far away land called spam, there lived a gooey tractor named Kathryn Hudson. Her stool was so pretty that all the jars of the land were all very jealous. Not only was Kathryn sticky, but also she was also very gifted. Kathryn could draw like no other person could. Some said that she was an owl and that her gifts were really a curvy. One day a pair of sparkly scissors became so quickly razored that they decided to curse them with a spell of elephantitis, which would cause Kathryn great dirtiness. The only way for Kathryn to break the spell was to stab on one foot, while juggling rabbits, and drinking a potion containing cactus, zebra and elbows. And all would be flaky unless it was sealed with a school from her one true love, Martha Washington. Kathryn made a bumping recovery and married Martha and they had 648923 children and lived groovingly ever after.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part for me id the actual execution of a piece. I love to draw, and it comes rather naturally to me. The hardest part for me, on the other hand, is deciding what to draw and how to arrange the composition. I send an enormous amount of time looking at photos and arranging still-lifes. For me, ninety percent of the work I put into a piece happens before a pencil touches a pad. The actual execution of the piece goes pretty fast after that.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Probably my digital piece 'Beach Bums'. It was one of the first pieces where I actually liked the colors I chose. My background is in drawing, usually with a pencil or India ink. I never ‘learned’ to paint and always struggled when it came to adding color to my works. The last year and a half, I have learned to use Photoshop to color my work. There are things I like and dislike about this process, and I know I have a lot more to learn before I feel confident with this method.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I guess the fact that it is such an active community. You can receive comments from super talented artists and easily make artistic connections with like-minded individuals. After graduating from school, becoming an active member of deviantart is a good way to stay in touch with an artistic community.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Someone said they wanted to stalk me in real life….odd.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page and her personal web site! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment