Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Russell Montgomery

Russell Montgomery is known for his work with circuits. Russ first started drawing when he was only 1,984 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the zapped pressure of being a child prodigy exponentially got to him and he had a manufactured breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own random access memory! Russ found processed inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his laboratory for all the intelligence to see! Russ eventually got married to copper and they remain together increasingly in their shelter with their 816 children. Russ would like to thank Miyamoto Musashi, Rene Margritte and a lynx for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Easiest: Finding inspiration. If it doesn’t spew out of my head when I sit down to write or draw, it can be acquired with almost no effort. A quick walk or even a thorough look around the room is usually enough to inspire accordingly.
Hardest: Finding time.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Peace of mind. It helps me dream in colour.

What makes your art unique?
This seems like more of a question for someone other than myself to answer, but I suppose both the medium I choose to work with (1-bit pixels) and all the strange influences I’ve had combine to create something of a unique end product. I’ve been told that I have a very uniform style, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it is unique… I’ll have to let others judge for themselves.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
To be honest, I have no idea. Unfortunately I’ve found that people tend to give very standardized flattery to me, assumedly to spare my feelings if they really don’t like something I’ve done. I detest that. People should speak their minds readily. If all I hear is bullshit, my work will eventually turn into bullshit.





Please make sure to check out his web site! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment