Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Neko-Suika

Sarah Rose is known for her work with candles. Sarah Rose first started drawing when she was only 8, 734, 512 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the sweaty pressure of being a child prodigy aggressively got to her and she had a hot breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own toenail! Sarah Rose found juicy inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her attic for all the erasers to see! Sarah Rose eventually got married to monkey brains and they remain together willingly in their barn with their 67 children. Sarah Rose would like to thank Harriet Tubman, Britney Spears and a tiger for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
To me, the hardest parts of the artistic process is getting an idea and drawing proportions correctly. Sometimes ideas come easily but sometimes it takes me days to think of a good creation. the human porportions I've been trying to master pretty much as long as I've been drawing and taking classes. The easiest to me is shading and color. I have so much fun with them too.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favourite piece is probably the volcanic eruption because I had an idea which was fun, I didn't have to worry about porportion problems very much, and I gotta use color and draw a natural disaster (which was fun! ^_^ )

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Mostly I have a deviantart account because it is a chance for people to see my art from far away (since my family lives in WA and I live in France) and because I like participating in contests.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Hmm... I haven't received anything that out of the ordinary but I'd have to say "radioactive spider bite had head-enlarging side effects". It was just a critique but it made me laugh.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment