Art Libs on Twitter

Friday, September 25, 2009

MadameLEOTA

Denis is known for his work with ghosts. Denis first started drawing when he was only 21 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the amazing pressure of being a child prodigy lovingly got to him and he had a huge breakdown, resulting in him cutting off his own lips! Denis found dull inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in his kitchen for all the trees to see! Denis eventually got married to Sherlock Holmes and they remain together quickly in their birdhouse with their 12 children. Denis would like to thank Elizabeth I, Audrey Hepburn and Andreas Deja for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The probably easiest part for me is to find new ideas and get started. I won't be long til my imagination is inspired by something. You see... if you haven't a good idea or scene in mind all your effort and toil will be useless. The drawing won't have heart. The hardest artistic part for me is to get the hand - especially the fingers - right. I don't know why, but I always need hours to draw a single hand - draw, redraw and so on and so on ^^

Which is your favourite piece and why?
This is a pretty tough question because I like most of my art. But to narrow it down I would say that I really love my Disney Villains. One of the main reasons is that I always loved the evildoers - ever since I was a little boy. On the other hand... this is a picture that will never be completed because I will always try to add new characters or change certain elements. It's a kind of a ongoing growing thing, you know.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I really don't know. I guess it's just because I've searched so long everywhere for such kind of art community. And when I've found deviantART I was absolute amazed. So many good artists feature their works here - it's probably the best online art database. To be honest the moment I saw their works I thought "Oh my gosh... there's good! I could never do such things" Compared to some artwork on deviantART my drawings are nothing more than random doodles. I was totally overwhelmed with the kind comments by other users. It helped me a lot to improve my drawings and find my own style - especially in the color design.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
At High School (I think I was in the 9th grade at that time) my art teacher came to me, looked at my drawing, and said aloud infront of the whole class: "Well Denis, it seems to me that you haven't got any talent at all! But don't worry - just try very hard and who knows... maybe you'll be lucky enough to get a D at the end of the year!" She was such a jerk.





Please make sure to check out his deviantART page and his blog! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

5 comments:

  1. Gee... thanks for featuring me ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also drawn another Tink - just visit my blog or my deviantART gallery ^^

    ReplyDelete