Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, September 28, 2009

Cadydid

Jessica W. is known for her work with ladybugs. Jessica first started drawing when she was only 69 years old, making him a child prodigy. However, the dreamy pressure of being a child prodigy mysteriously got to her and she had a jazzy breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own eye! Jessica found imaginary inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her bedroom for all the cats to see! Jessica eventually got married to a cloud and they remain together gently in their house with their 9 children. Jessica would like to thank Mark Twain, Amy McDonald and snow leopards for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
For me, the easiest part of photography is walking outside and seeing all there is to see. All one has to do is take a stroll to stumble across something interesting, something beautiful worthy being captured and remembered. The tough part is taking that photo and editing it just so, making it stand out amongst the rest to draw emotions from the observers. There's a happy-medium when it comes to editing photographs in programs such as Photoshop; too little and the photo is glanced over, too much and it's snubbed.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
My favorite piece out of my gallery is "Individuality". Nature is not perfect. There's "abnormalities" and mishaps around every corner, and most of the time, these special individuals are ignored for their strangeness or gawked at for their weirdness. To me, these oddities are beautiful because they stand out amongst the rest, strive to be recognized amongst their peers.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I joined the deviantArt community a year before I actually submitted any of my works. Now, because this community is so friendly, so accepting, I feel free to post my works on the site. When one is surrounded my fellow artists, one will grow competitive and wish to show their worth in such a neighborhood filled with talents. Everyday I spot a photograph, writing, or drawing that brings an emotion out of me. This causes me to want to match this powerful force, to be the one that causes such emotion. In deviantArt, one is allowed to explore all varieties of art and to strive to be their best.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Hmm, the weirdest/funniest comment I've received on a piece? The majority of the comments I receive are pretty serious, but the one that made me giggle is erikarobinson's comment on my piece Individuality: "I thought it was a snake at first!"





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

2 comments: