Art Libs on Twitter

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Zimeta08

Emily Jayne Weber is known for her work with monkeys. Emily first started drawing when she was only 101 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the droll pressure of being a child prodigy whimsically got to her and she had a hairy breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own forearm! Emily found crazy inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her kitchen for all the pans to see! Emily eventually got married to leprechaun and they remain together lazily in their cabin with their 12 children. Emily would like to thank Nikolai Tesla, Walt Disney and the Axolotl for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
Easiest part: Thinking up what you want to draw.
Hardest part: I'd say getting your picture to look how you imagined it. Or, trying something new.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
One of my current favorites is something I've illustrated for a children's book which hasn't been published yet, so I can't show you. Heehee.
BUT, my favorite in my Deviantart gallery would be 'Painting the Elder', because I think it's an illustration you could enjoy looking at even if you don't know the characters - it's a very fun drawing.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I'm drawn to the DA community because when you're showing your art, depending on the response you can tell if you're doing something people enjoy. And, if you keep going down that path, you develop your own style pretty dang well.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
That's a tough question.
But, I've gotten numerous people commenting that I put copyrighted characters into my style well. That always makes me feel happy because I like it that people can recognize I have a style, and that I can put other characters into it.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment