Art Libs on Twitter

Monday, August 10, 2009

Tremblinglight

Melissa Davidson is known for her work with monsters. Melissa first started drawing when she was only 84 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the iridescent pressure of being a child prodigy patiently got to her and she had a hideous breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own jugular! Melissa found mammoth inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her kitchen for all the neighbours to see! Melissa eventually got married to goat and they remain together boldly in their fallout shelter with their 14 children. Melissa would like to thank a Marlon Brando, Thomas the Tank Engine and her unicorn for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The easiest part of the artistic process by far is getting started on something new. The hardest part (to me, anyway) is being emotionally honest... Working on personal projects and pieces of art is generally much harder than commissioned pieces because it can be really difficult for me to allow myself to be vulnerable enough to speak from the heart. I have always been somewhat emotionally closed off to the world in general, sometimes to the point where people think that I do not care about things when I actually do... A lot. lol

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Probably my favourite piece in my gallery right now is Forest (I). I could do a better job of painting it now but the composition is quite good (imho). It also has more appeal than my other set pieces... I have a lot of dreams where I am in a forest and this illustration probably gets closest to describing what it's like in that world.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I came to Deviantart originally because I was hoping to make some friends and show my artwork to as many strangers as possible... Really, Deviantart has been more help to me in terms of accomplishing both of these things than any other website thus far, and that's what keeps me coming back.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
I mostly get critique comments (or the usual, "omg so great," type of thing)... I haven't gotten any comments that I would consider to be truly weird yet.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment