Art Libs on Twitter

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sleyf

Rasha Al-Najjar is known for her work with sheep. Rasha first started drawing when she was only 2 years old, making her a child prodigy. However, the squashy pressure of being a child prodigy joyously got to her and she had a fluffy breakdown, resulting in her cutting off her own hand! Rasha found round inspiration from the lost limb and decided to frame it and hang it in her kitchen for all the pencils to see! Rasha eventually got married to an Egg and they remain together accidentally in their shed with their 20 children. Rasha would like to thank Napoleon, Elton John and her donkey for their constant support and inspiration.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The hardest is getting what's in your head down on paper exactly. Because when you visualise something in your head, it always looks so amazing and (like the work of some other fantastic artist who's skill is so much better than mine), then when it's finally drawn, it looks nothing as dramatic as you imagined, and you suddenly forget the original image you had! The easiest is probably...hmmm...adding the finishing touches, however that's also the easiest part to mess up and overdo :D

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Um...my favourite piece is probably...well I have a lot but my favourite is probably "Bth Time"Bath time" hahah I don't know why, I think it's because it was the first time I'd sort of really "Gotten good at" using photoshop to colour, and because of the reflection of the tub on the ground. I mean sure there's a lot wrong with it but I still like it! [link]

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
Well I like the way that people comment and you sort of gather your own group of friends that's always expanding. It's also great for shy people who are afraid to show their art in real life, by showing it online, they can sort of remain faceless...but...there...I don't know how relevant that is but I think it's great.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Oh god I have no idea there have been a bunch of funny ones that still make me laugh, but none that I can remember off the top of my head really.





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment