Art Libs on Twitter

Friday, August 28, 2009

Jinju

Once upon an airplane in a far away land called Sandwich, there lived a spicy jellyfish named Jennifer Mundy. Her librarian was so lazy that all the playgrounds of the land were all very jealous. Not only was Jennifer gigantic, but also she was also very gifted. Jennifer could draw like no other person could. Some said that she was a volcano and that her gifts were really jittery. One day a fancy sketchbook became so thoroughly delicious that they decided to curse them with a spell of swine flu, which would cause Jennifer great juiciness. The only way for Jennifer to break the spell was to breathe on one foot, while juggling plastic, and drinking a potion containing orchids, cat and hands. And all would be lumpy unless it was sealed with a toothbrush from her one true love, Abe Lincoln. Jennifer made an exciting recovery and married Abe and they had 13 children and lived swiftly ever after.

What are the easiest and the hardest parts of the artistic process?
The hardest parts are always in the beginning-- figuring out what to draw and how to draw it in particular. Once I have a clear sketch, everything is downhill from there.

Which is your favourite piece and why?
Probably either "Float" or "Bully"-- I feel like they were the easiest to make because I had a clear idea of exactly what I wanted to do. Bully is a funny piece to me because I was listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks while drawing it, and after I was done, I realized I had drawn Harry Potter beating up a fat kid.

What is it about the deviantART community that makes you share your art there… that draws you to the deviantART community?
I started posting art at dA when I was 14, back then it was a much smaller community and the internet itself was different.. I think it really had to do with wanting to receive recognition for my work, but over the years dA has become an entirely different entity-- it's full of such a huge variety of work and styles that it's a constant source of inspiration. I have somewhere around 500 amazingly talented artists on my watch list (of all different styles) and it's really amazing to be able to be updated on a regular basis with all of their new work. It's also great to hear what strangers think sometimes, because they're totally unbiased.

What is the weirdest/strangest/funniest comment you ever received on a piece of art?
Nothing in particular comes to mind-- the comments I receive tend to be pretty spot on and drama-free, fortunately! I have some friends that have to deal with real trolls on dA but I've never really had that problem.. Usually people just tell me what they like and don't like about the piece :)





Please make sure to check out her deviantART page and her personal web site! And as always, remember to respect the art and the artists! The art on this blog is here because we were given permission to put it on here. If you like the art and would like to use it for your own blog or web site, you must ask permission from the artist first and none of the art is to be taken, stolen or reproduced! Respect the art!

2 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

    I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

    Mostly it is a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

    Sincerely,
    Jesse Noe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely read up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete